The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II, G4
Institution: Ecowas Parliament
Directorate: Office of the Secretary-General and Directorate of Administration and Finance Respectively
Duration: One year contract
Supervisor: Secretary- General and Principal Administration Officer Respectively
Objective of Position
- To assist the Secretary-General in the efficient management of his/her office.
Duties and Responsibiliites
Admin. Assistant II:
- Assist in the management of internal and external correspondence;
- Assist in the management of general records;
- Assist in the drafting of reports of various meetings as well as administrative memos, circulars and letters as and when assigned.
- Assist in organising and servicing meetings of the Parliament.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in Management or related field.
- Five (5) years working experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution. In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
- The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2107.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: email@example.com with their CV’s.