African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Board Documentation Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50078456
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President ; Independent Development Evaluation Department ; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board ; Administrative Tribunal ; Office of the Auditor General ; Group Risk Management Directorate ; General Counsel and Legal Services Department ; Communication and External Relations Department ; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Banks’ Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy, High 5s, and Development and Business Delivery Model by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank. The Secretary General and the General Secretariat is comprised of:
- The Immediate Office of the Secretary General which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section and the Corporate Governance Policy and Shareholder Relations Section
- Board Affairs and Proceedings Division
- Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division
- Conferences and Meetings Division.
- The overall objective of this role is to control the quality of Board documents and ensure their timey distribution either in electronic and/or hard copy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Section, Board Documentation, the Board Documentation Assistant will:
- Ensure that the titles, reference numbers and dates on documents are correct before distributing the documents;
- Carry-out rapid comparative check to ensure the English document conforms to the French;
- Monitor and distribute documents to Board members and their Committees within the required deadlines;
- Register all hard copies of documents transmitted to Senior Management;
- To contribute towards E-board/Board Dashboard and Board Papers
- Participate in the coverage of Board and Committee meetings, seminars, working groups and conferences;
- Facilitate the circulation of messages among Board members during meeting;
- Usher in Senior Management and staff authorized to attend the meeting into the Board or meeting rooms;
- Transmit written or verbal messages from staff in the meeting room to those outside and vice versa;
- Prepare the meeting attendance lists for the Secretary General and Board Affairs Officers and Committee Secretaries ;
- Index documents in the electronic archiving system and ensure the correct entry plate, folder, document class, document type and value are selected to ensure documents are properly indexed;
- Conduct document (projects/programmes, policy documents, and activity reports) searches in the electronic archiving system at the request of Executive Directors and staff members;
Participation in Bank Group Annual Meetings:
- Contribute to the processing of Annual Meetings documents and participate in the meetings.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree or its equivalent in Management, Development, Communications, IT systems or other related discipline.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical professional experience in dealing with the processing of documentation.
- Expert knowledge of document processing procedure
- Good knowledge of work procedures of the Bank and the Board
- Have good knowledge of records classification
- Able to quickly adapt and use new technology relating to records management
- Competence in communications with strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP (or other integrated document management system or quantitative and qualitative data analysis packages is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online