International Alert, is one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with 30 years of experience supporting communities, advising governments, organisations and companies on how to build peace. Alert works with people in conflict-affected and threatened areas to make a positive difference for peace; to improve the substance and implementation of international policies relevant to peacebuilding; and to strengthen the peacebuilding sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The project will assess the obstacles to social cohesion in IDP camps, host communities and selected local government areas of Bama, Dikwa and Damboa.
Result or Outcome of Project
- The overall project will lead to a deeper understanding of the obstacles to social cohesion for both IDPs and those that remained in host communities.
- Objective of the consultancy
- The objectives of the consultancy is to carry out monitoring and evaluation support to the Programme Manager, Project Manager, and Project Officers in Maiduguri.
International Alert is seeking to contract a monitoring and evaluation officer to execute the following tasks:
- Support and strengthen M&E planning systems and best practices
- Maintain M&E frameworks for projects
- Lead on the development of a MEL plan for the current projects and any projects moving forward
- Advise partners on MEL, ensuring that partner staff are implementing best practice on projects with Alert
- Build knowledge and skills of Alert staff and partners in monitoring and evaluation methods and tools including logical frameworks, data collection, data analysis, and results-oriented programming
- Coordinate and deliver design, monitoring and evaluating (DM&E) training and learning programmes including inductions, refreshers and learning workshops with Alert staff and partners.
- Coordinate the collection and reporting of monitoring data and support evaluation management to project staff and partners
- Support project managers in their evaluation of project objectives and impacts In an on-going basis
- Ensure innovative dissemination of lessons internally for redesign and learning purposes
- Coordinate with Communications staff to ensure the impact section of the Nigeria webpage is engaging and relevant
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager and Partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Alerts monitoring and evaluation system.
- Support partners in conducting baseline surveys and KAP surveys.
- Participate actively in programme planning process.
- Support project team in developing the annual and six monthly organisational reports. Support Project team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required.
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project plan and consulting with programme team and partners.
- Coordinate with Implementing Partners (IPs) for collecting data against agreed indicators.
- Engage with IPs to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects.
- Ensure quality of data collected by partners.
- Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Assist Manager in building capacity of IPs on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E)
- Assist Manager in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
- Assist Manager in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey
- Assist Manager in conducting Programme Data Review
- Reporting and Documentation
- Assist Manager in developing quarterly, six-month and annual reports
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant staff
- Upload key reports to the Data base
- Assist project Manager during multi-year plan and budget (MPB) process to develop a good quality MPB for project
- Assist Manager in reviewing project plans during planning process
- Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans
- Upload relevant MPB documents
- Learning and Sharing
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
- Promote culture of two way learning in the organisation
- Contribution to Effectiveness of the Programme and WAP
- Work collaboratively with different programmes for strengthening integration and cross-learning in programmes
- Proactively volunteer for various team activities
- Take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager
- International Alert seeks to contract for a total of 154 working days over a period that runs between the 15 May and 31 December 2017 with the option to renew for FY2018 if satisfactory performance is observed and documented.
- The consultant will be based in Maiduguri. The consultant will report to the Programme Manager in Maiduguri as a technical lead and the Country Manager in Abuja as the functional lead.
- The consultant will have oversight from Programme Design and Fundraising officer and Communications team in London for additional support if and when necessary.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.