Plan International, is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people in the capacity below:
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Location: Plan International Nigeria, Country Office, Abuja
Department: Resource Mobilization/ Programme
Reports to: Resource Mobilization Advisor
Duration: 1 Year
- The purpose of this role is to support the resource mobilization unit for Plan International Nigeria.
- Lead the coordination of proposal development by working with program staff, national offices, gather technical input from relevant units, contacts and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Resource Mobilization Advisor in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of donor funded projects and programs
- Manage donor grants transactions effectively and efficiently to ensure quality reporting
- Coordinates grants start up processes with respective National offices to ensure smooth project start up.
- Timely set up of all new projects in the SAP software.
- Establish a grants tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities and to determine progress and make decisions where further action is needed.
- Work closely with the program department in grants implementation, coordination & management
- Lead coordination of proposal development working with program staff and ensuring proper review at the National Office level, gathering input from technical coordinators, technical advisors, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation staff, and Finance.
- Support in writing budget narratives, edit proposals, and ensure proper proposal and grant management procedures are followed.
- Support in the reporting process with in-country staff for updates and National Offices for approvals before submission to the donor.
- Ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Act as focal point with donors in-country on grants management issues for ongoing, past, and potential future projects.
- Review donor agreements and coordinate their review with the relevant Plan International National office.
- Ensure that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least three years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Experience in using SAP software will be a great advantage
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Travel to Programme Units when necessary to support resource mobilization process
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very infrequent contact with children. Despite this, it is expected that children shall be protected at all times
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@plan-international.org Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.