Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people in the capacity below:
Job Title: Intern-Finance
Reports to: Country Accountant
Duration: 1 Year
- The internship programme in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the- job training in program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
- It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the finance team in implementing all financial process for Plan International Nigeria
- Contribute to the monthly financial report.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Maintain a record of vouchers borrowed by staff and ensure that they are returned and filled appropriately.
- Support with preparation of Withholding tax, VAT, Pension and other statutory deduction schedule where relevant before payment is done
- Support with bank reconciliations and month end financial reporting
- Ensure timely liquidation of staff advances and ensure more than one advance should not be given to a staff at a time.
- Make available weekly to the Country Accountant and Accounts Assistant a list of all unliquidated advances and support with the follow up of these advances.
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact – the job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have frequent contact with children.
- There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, HND in Financial Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent
- Completion of National Youth Service with less than 1 year working experience
- Proven strong academic track record.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language.
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Occasional Travel to field offices to support financial transactions where Necessary
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV’s comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@plan-international.org
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.