International Alert employs over 200 people of 30 nationalities both in our London offices and in the regions where we work. Most are full-time staff, but we also employ consultants, interns and volunteers.
We are looking for a committed and experienced individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The project will assess the obstacles to social cohesion in IDP camps, host communities and selected local government areas of Bama, Dikwa and Damboa.
Result or Outcome of Project
- The overall project will lead to a deeper understanding of the obstacles to social cohesion for both IDPs and those that remained in host communities.
Objective of the consultancy
- The objectives of the consultancy is to carry out financial support to the Finance and Administration Manager in Abuja as well as the International Alert team in Maiduguri, as well as provide Administration support to the partners and International Alert teams in Abuja and Maiduguri.
- Review all grantee financial reports and reimbursement requests for appropriateness before dispatch to Abuja.
- Provide financial management support to partner finance staff ensuring they keep within best practice, Alert and donor rules.
- Follow up on finance queries with partners
- Ensure that partners submit monthly reports timely by regular monitoring of report activities.
- Support Finance and operations manager in partner budget monitoring
- Serve as first contact to partners on finance matters
- Provide support to Finance and Operations Manager during spot checks of partners
- Track spot check findings with partners to ensure compliance
- Manage day to day office operations for Alert Maiduguri office
- Ensure timely submission of utility payments for the Maiduguri office
- Manage car hire movement and billing for Maiduguri office
- Manage all travel logistics for Alert personnel within the region (car hire, hotels etc)
- Provide meetings and workshop logistic supports for the Maiduguri office.
- Manage office pettycash system and ensure timely reporting.
- Ensure that all transactions are within Alert, Donor and best practice
- Support FOM on all procurement out of Maiduguri by supporting in the identification of Vendors, and solicitation of bids Schedule
- International Alert seeks to contract for a total of 154 working days over a period that runs between the 15 May and 31 December 2017 with the option to renew for FY2018 if satisfactory performance is observed and documented.
- The consultant will be based in Maiduguri.
- The consultant will report to the Programme Manager in Maiduguri as a technical lead and the Finance and Administration Manager in Abuja as the functional lead.
- University Degree in relevant field
- Two years of relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge of Office management
- Good knowledge of book keeping
- Knowledge of logistics and security management
- Previous experience of working in high-risk areas of Borno, Adamawa, Yobe, Taraba, Bauchi and Gombe
- Excellent working knowledge English
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Attitude for team work and good leadership skills
- Experience of partnership development and management
- Responsiveness, and ability to handle stressful situations and intense work periods
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to interact successfully with a diverse range of people. Being non-judgmental and able to understand different perspectives
- Possessing a can-do approach, willing and able to improvise and adapt
- Experience of working with civil society organisations
- Knowledge of hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
Friday, 12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should sent their applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.