We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director (Operations)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and operation of the Project Implementation Manual
- Supervise routine operational management and co-ordination of the project activities
- Prepare, compile or coordinate any necessary or requested technical documentation and regular periodic progress reports
- Build and maintain effective synergistic relationship with government agencies in the state and advocating with relevant parties for the application of humanitarian principles on behalf of the victims and of the humanitarian community.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channel with other funding and implementing partners
- Promote transparency and accountability in the development and execution of all recovery plans and programs
- Coordinate project deliverables and ensure conformity with required standards and within the specified constraints of scope, time and cost as outlined
- Develop appropriate tools and strategy to monitor the progress, quality and impact of the intervention
- Mobilize project inputs, prepare and revise project work and financial plans in accordance with the Project Implementation plan
- Oversee the exchange and sharing of experiences and lessons learned with inter-state and federal-level humanitarian assistance, recovery and peace-building programs
- Provide strong servant leadership, encourage, support, coach and mentor the project team, ensuring capacity is built and appropriate results are attained
- Support effective coordination of the overall humanitarian assistance and peace-building efforts within the State
- Lead quarterly review meetings, including contributing outcomes and indicators of impact
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in strategy and planning, disaster management or any related field
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in project management role, monitoring and evaluation and/or resource planning and management
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in supporting community-based initiatives, peace building or conflict prevention
- Previous experience of managing World Bank project is essential
- Experience in leading multilateral development programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Hausa, including public speaking and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications cover letter & most recent resume/CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applying for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any applications without the appropriate job title as email subject will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.