GRID Consulting – Our client, the Programme Coordination and Monitoring Unit (PCMU), an establishment of Yobe State Government, supported by World Bank, Multi Sector Crisis Recovery Project. It has the mandate to oversee implementation of World Bank and other donor funded multi-sectoral Crisis Recovery Projects in the state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and update the Project’s Annual Procurement Plan based on approved Work Plans and Budget, in accordance with the applicable World Bank Procurement Guidelines and Financing Agreements
- Prepare bidding documents and related advertisements, and participate in evaluation of all Expressions of Interest
- Receive and participate in bid/proposal opening sessions, evaluating bids and consultants’ proposals, ensuring that the appropriate guidelines are followed
- Set up and maintain procurement and contract management tracking system that would monitor the implementation of procurement activities
- Establish and maintain a central procurement filing system
- Establish performance monitoring database for all suppliers, service providers and consultants, and ensure efficiency and timeliness in delivery of outputs
- Support the design and implementation of e-Government Procurement system in the Bureau of Public Procurement
- Monitor procurement processing and maintain a realistic planning allowing proper budgeting
- Conduct market research and update price lists in respect of relevant Goods and Services
- Develop tools for capturing procurement data and identify progress towards the achievement of procurement schedules
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum university degree from a reputable institution
- 7-10 years’ experience in similar role, particularly development programs
- Ability to independently provide well researched analyses of complex procurement issues and problems
- Experience of managing public procurement in a complex environment
- In-depth understanding of major facets of World Bank procurement policies (desirable)
- Ability to address broader issues in humanitarian assistance, recovery and peace-building
- Ability to promote client commitment to ensuring implementation and longer-term sustainability of projects
- Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting and negotiating
- Ability to identify complex issues, and to respond and manage accordingly
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (cover letter & most recent resume) to: email@example.com stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any applications without the appropriate job title as email subject will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.