GRID Consulting – Our cleint, the Programme Coordination and Monitoring Unit (PCMU), an establishment of Yobe State Government, supported by World Bank, Multi Sector Crisis Recovery Project. It has the mandate to oversee implementation of World Bank and other donor funded multi-sectoral Crisis Recovery Projects in the state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- The Programme Coordination and Monitoring Unit (PCMU) is an establishment of Yobe State Government, supported by World Bank, Multi Sector Crisis Recovery Project.
- It has the mandate to oversee implementation of World Bank and other donor funded multi-sectoral Crisis Recovery Projects in the state.
- Its strategic imperative is to enhance coordination and sustainability of capacity development that would lead to improve service delivery in the state
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implement of the Outcome M&E systems framework in coordination with other systems being designed for the recovery and peace building
- Responsible for operationalizing the state level Results Frameworks and Monitoring System.
- Support the designing and planning for both routine and ad-hoc quality checks at various stages of implementation evaluations, special studies and assessments
- Issue quarterly updates on overall project implementation to identified stakeholders and the project’s constituent agencies at the federal and state levels
- Coordinate creation of Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators
- Commission regular preparation of data visualization templates and dynamic reports
- Coordinate the process for updating policy and procedure documents to align with the current World Bank Polices and requirements, including compliance with third party monitoring requirement
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, or relevant discipline
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development programmes
- 7-10 years’ professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role within the development sector
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes, data collection and management
- Experience in data collection, data analysis, project design, monitoring and evaluation of development activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of M&E programs including indicator development, study design, and data analysis – in multiple sectors
- Must possess strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Hausa language an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (cover letter & most recent resume) to: email@example.com stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
- Any applications without the appropriate job title as email subject will be rejected.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.