FlexEdge – Our client, a highly rated ultra-luxury hotel in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, is recruiting suitably qualified and well experienced candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
The objective for the Financial Controller position is to:
- To develop financial strategy for the business and monitor delivery of revenues across all revenue streams
- Assess and manage all risks exposure of the hotel
- Reduce risks within the process by promoting compliance and improving controls and promote control consciousness
- Ensure continuous increase in the shareholders value in the business through superior financial advisory
- Ensure strict compliance with all necessary statutory matters
- Ensure the hotel is dealing with credible Suppliers and vendors with clearly supply management process
- Foster strategic partnership with financial institutions, suppliers and vendors
Role / Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in the execution of the Hotel policies and work plans.
- Advise the Hotel management on risk and financial implications of its intended corporate projects/initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate execution of investment strategies that will ensure high returns on investment, as well as liquidity for operations.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the Chairman, Board of Directors and GM in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Design and implement strategies and mechanisms to safeguard the fixed and liquid assets of the Hotel.
- Create and implement strategic internal business processes for the Hotel
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the Hotel to include budgeting, tax planning, construction and conservation of assets.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the Hotel.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, outlets and income streams budgets, salary updates, General ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Execute the supplier and vendor management procedures and processes as defined
- Develop a smooth process for procuring and inventory management in order to minimise costs
Qualities and Skills Required
- Negotiation and Change Management: Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Detail Handling: tolerance for and ability to pay attention to and handle the details and paperwork associated with the job.
- Energy: ability to create and maintain a level of appropriately directed activity, capacity to work hard, drive stamina.
- Career ambition: desire to advance to higher job levels; active efforts toward self-development for advancement.
Professional / Educational Requirements
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting
- Masters in Business Administration or Finance
- ICAN/ACA/ACCA/CIMA or relevant certifications will be highly advantageous
- Must have working experience with SUN, Opera, MC and Micros systems.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as Financial Controller in a five star resort/hotel
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in the use of
- Numerous Accounting Software
- MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point
- Presentation skills
- Networking and social skills
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “FC-HOSP-FCT” as subject of the mail.
- Failure to use code as subject of the mail automatically disqualifies candidate
- Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted