Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Locatio: Maiduguri, Borno
- Knowledge and understanding of Action Against Hunger mandate, humanitarian principles and current programs.
- With the program manager, develop coherent messages and send to the community about the missions’ mandate, program objectives and approach.
- Build trust between the AAH and the community.
- Ensure safety and security of AAH vehicle and personnel.
- Drive in a safe way at all times, respecting the country’s circulation rules and following the base/capital logistician’s planning and instructions.
- Follow all AAH rules and regulations and vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines when using the vehicle.
- Ensure all personal documents (ID, driving licence) and vehicle documents are valid and kept on board at all time.
- Ensure maintenance of the mission vehicle
- Prepare departures to the field and assist with deliveries.
- Ensure all vehicle documentation are completed
- Ensure that transported goods are accompanied by dully filled and signed delivery notes. Obtain signature of delivery note from consignee and return document to the sender.
- Ensure all required equipment are on board and functioning.
- First School leaving certificate or equivalent
- A valid and current Nigerian drivers licence
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good reading and writing skills
- Accurate knowledge of all traffic rules.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing work environment.
- Good Communication skills.
- Knowledge of security issues.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Driver experience
- Mechanical Background
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Nutrition Officer-Borno”.
- Also note that applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.