GRID Consulting – Our client, the Programme Coordination and Monitoring Unit (PCMU), an establishment of Yobe State Government, supported by World Bank, Multi Sector Crisis Recovery Project. It has the mandate to oversee implementation of World Bank and other donor funded multi-sectoral Crisis Recovery Projects in the state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage PCMU Communication strategy, in relation with existing procedures
- Ensure communication effectiveness and efficiency, as well as a rigorous and transparent approach in communicating interventions
- Enhance the quality and appropriateness of State-specific communication materials, activities and processes; for public consumption, implementing and funding partners
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage, and utilizing both web-based and traditional media
- Establish, document, and review process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences, events, and issuing of media materials
- Promote better understanding of effects of conflict and violence among beneficiaries through implementation of effective media, and educational activities in support of recovery and peace-building programs
- Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, and other stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capacity of partners through appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to information, supplies and equipment and through knowledge sharing
- Mobilize resources for fund-raising support and ensure regular communication and co-ordination with relevant focal points of other implementing and funding partners
- Ensure a set of communication performance indicators is identified and adjusted as necessary
- Support effective two-way communication and feedback mechanisms and platforms among key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to strengthen capacity of MDAs and local partners through appropriate advocacy and communication training
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Communication, Public Relations, or related field
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible roles in communication, journalism, print, broadcast, and/or new media
- Experience in developing communications strategies for various stakeholders in the development sector
- Excellent written skills and experience in copywriting and editing
- Previous experience and familiarity with complex situations is highly desirable
- Excellent command of English language and Hausa is essential, with Kanuri and added advantage
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (cover letter & most recent resume) to: email@example.com stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any applications without the appropriate job title as email subject will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.