ipNX is an integrated Info-communications company focused on providing every person, every home and every business in Nigeria with world-class Information, Communication and Entertainment services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Management Engineer
Job ID: 17
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Department: Group Infrastructure Unit
Reporting to: Head, Monitoring and Command Centre
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
To monitor the network 24*7, providing support for management and efficient configuration of systems that are used for monitoring and service feasibility, ensuring appropriate design and notification are provided in line with the requirement of the user departments.
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
- Setup network application based on the requirements of the requesting unit.
- Ensure smooth running of Tall network monitoring systems: both for Core network nodes and transmission network.
- Ensure continuous engagement of vendors and OEMs on service related issues.
- Ensure CoreNetwork andCustomer links. Monitoring ensuring that applications are functioning properly.
- Ensure efficient performance of various servers and services managed by MCC.
Network Device backup
- Ensure regular automatic backup of Core network elements(Cisco routers and switches).
- Setup dashboard to monitor KPIs for the various units within the organization.
- Generate and compile regular report/availability for each of the Colo sites and service Providers.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- A University Degree in Engineering
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, ITIL, LPIC/CompTIA, etc.) an added advantage.
- Ability to leverage technology to develop and enhance functional competencies
- Database Management – Mysql, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management.
- Knowledge and experience with various web technologies.
- Open Source software customization.
- Knowledge of current IT trends and technologies in software development.
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Experience in Linux and monitoring system environment
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in SNMP. TR-069 and network management
- Experience in Perl, PHP, and Python
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online