ipNX is an integrated info-communications company focused on providing every person, every home and every business in Nigeria with world-class information, communication and entertainment services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Internal Control and Risk Service Officer
Job ID: 11
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Department: Director’s Office
Directly Reports to: GMD/Board Committee
- To ensure the adequacy and application of internal control systems operating within the organization.
- To play a major role in developing, implementing and monitoring the application of ipNX’s Risk Management policies.
- Develop Internal Control Policy.
- Design Risk Management Policy.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual audit programme for the evaluation of management controls, both financial and non-financial, in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer and other Heads of Department and submit same for approval by the Board Committee.
- To provide a written annual assurance to the Executive Management on the adequacy and application of internal control systems in ipNX Nigeria Limited.
- Examine the effectiveness of all levels of management in their responsibility for the use of resources to secure value for money, their compliance with established policies and procedures and advise the Board Audit Committee accordingly.
- To make recommendations to Heads of Department and Line Management to address weaknesses identified and monitor the extent of implementation and the effectiveness of recommendations made.
- To provide advice and support to Management on a range of corporate governance issues, including risk management, internal control and quality assurance.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the ipNX’s Risk Management Strategy and to carry out reviews of the strategy on a periodic basis.
- To carry out reviews of the action plans for key corporate and service risks in conjunction with the Senior Management Team on a quarterly basis and report findings to Audit Committee.
- To ensure that internal audits and advice is provided in an impartial and professional manner and in accordance with all relevant Codes of Practice, Standards, Professional and Technical Guidelines, Recommendations etc.
- Monitor corporate performance while providing reports to Executive Management and Board on adherence to performance milestones.
- Work in conjunction with GMD to leverage the Internal Control policy as a performance management tool while providing information to HR for performance appraisal purposes.
- Consult and liaise with the Board Committee, Chief Executive, Heads of Department when formulating audit policy.
- To prepare and report on the Internal Audit and Risk Services annual and strategic objectives, work programmes and budgets etc.
- To prepare information presentations and reports necessary for Board Committee, attend meetings, etc. as required.
- To manage and develop the staff of the Internal Audit and Risk Services Section in order that they can discharge their duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Any other appropriate duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic and Professional:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (minimum Second class lower) in finance, accounting; with a relevant professional qualification (e.g ACA,ACCA).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 6 years post qualification relevant experience. Cross Industry experience is an advantage.
- Very good analytical and investigation skills.
- Deep knowledge of regulatory guidelines for operations.
- Ability to interpret financial data.
- Attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Effective communication skills (oral, listening and written).
- Good supervisory skills.
- Influences and negotiates effectively.
- Sensitive to the proper handling of confidential matters.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Professional auditing expertise and experience at a senior level in a large organization, making extensive use of computerized systems.Telecom’s would be an advantage.
- Experience of audit risk assessment relating to the control framework of a large public sector or commercial organization.
- Management of staff.
- Awareness of risk management strategies.
- Experience in implementation of risk management strategies.
- Detail oriented.
- Results orientation.
- Prioritizes, plans and takes initiative.
- Team Player.
- Working in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to relate at all levels satisfactorily.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online