Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Reference No.: 13_PB17
Location: Pulka, Borno
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Prepare and updates a food menu according to supplies and season.
- Control stock of food so as to ask for anything needed on time.
- Prepare shopping list and makes purchases calculating time so as to not interrupt other duties.
- Keep summary of expenses versus money taken so that line manager can follow it daily.
- Prepare lunch and dinner for total number of staff daily after getting information by line manager.
- Set table before every meal and cleans up table after each meal.
- Have food ready on the right time daily.
- Follow always all hygienic rules before, during and after cooking.
- Wash dishes using soap after each meal.
- Clean cooker, fridge, cupboards and other kitchen material and equipment on a regular basis.
- Assure cleanliness of kitchen and dining room.
- Remove glasses and cups from all offices and ensure that there are always clean available.
- Clean water filters for potable water on a regular basis and change them whenever necessary.
- Boil water daily always using filters calculating needs for all staff.
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Ensure together with Storekeeper that all supplies related to cook’s work in house/office are restocked on time, i.e. matches, gas, water, cleaning material, etc.
- Keep an inventory of MSF kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and report items missing or needing repair to line manager.
- Ensure that there is tea, coffee, milk and sugar available during working hours.
- Know how to use extinguishers as well as know where they are located.
- Ensure that line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to the house/office as well as problematic equipment or material (ex. broken, missing).
- Inform line manager of arrival of any materials related to cook’s work.
- Ensure that no material is taken out of kitchen without prior authorisation.
- Be aware of any document regarding detailed responsibilities of cooks (ex. menu, money box).
- Participate in team meetings and possible trainings.
- Prepare and offer water, tea or coffee to visitors, if needed.
- Education: Literacy essential, cooking studies desirable
- Languages: Local languages essential, mission language desirable
- Experience: Desirable working experience of two years
- Knowledge: Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their motivation letters and CV’s to: email@example.com
Or in person to:
MSF Pulka office,
Alhaji Gajaga House,
Near Mbaza Mountain,
Pulka, Gwoza LGA.,
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.