The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field & Monitoring Assistant
Ref: SSA 4 (24881)
- The job is found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate.
- The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
- At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision.
- Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports.
- They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
- To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
Data Analytics and Visualization:
- Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
Programme Monitoring and Review:
- Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
Terms and Conditions
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online