MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Inventory Management
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of the ERP Inventory/WIP General ledger and Inventory sub-ledger system as well as providing information and support regarding inventory
- Provide financial/ budget related support to Logistics.
- Reconciliation of all Inventory accounts.
- Ensure Inventory financial process comply with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Ensure accuracy and general ledger reconciliation of all Inventory and WIP accounts Conduct Oracle closing process for month-end and maintain efficient operation for all inventory accounts and transactions.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensures proper valuation of Inventory in accordance to relevant accounting standards
- Review WIP status at month-end and ensure agreement to information on Promasys prior to submitting assets for movement to final fixed assets register and subsequent depreciation.
- Provide age analysis information to finance fixed assets for calculation of impairment provision
- Manage logistics unit statutory external audit process
- Re-allocate expenses wrongly charged within and between cost centres.
- Prepare OPEX budget forecast for logistics and Network CAPEX inventory forecast for company
- Ensure appropriate and accurate inventory information in the IFS system. That includes the managing of IFS in terms of setup, user utilization and flow of information into the general ledger for reconciliation purposes.
- Ensure maintenance of oracle perpetual inventory system and periodic analysis of sub ledger information.
- Monitor stock counts at primary warehouses and regional warehouses to ensure that stock quantities are accurate, stock count procedures are complied with and assist in processing claims/recovery for stock losses.
- Implement the company inventory policies and procedure in accordance with MTN accounting policy and IFRS
- Oversee and ensure that all receiving paperwork is in order and match the quantity, type, size and style loaded
- Supervise correctness of cycle counts ensure physical inventory of all goods and materials is reconciled to Oracle
- Prepare monthly consolidated stock count reports, analyse variances and provide solution to variances identified.
- Ensure prompt processing of authorised Material requisition form received from internal /external clients
- Provide Logistics support to project managers and Site Build Contractors on achieving roll out target.
- Manage equipment warranty claim process
- Manage the utilisation of OPEX budget for logistics department
- Oversee monthly logistics management report
- Ensure improved control through implementation of EAM/Fixed Assets/ Logistics agreed PPP
- Ensure accuracy and correctness of inventory Database
- Normal MTNN working conditions May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Accounting or a Finance related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Relevant qualification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes, minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation, with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Supply Chain Management experience
- Vendor management Experience
- Working experience in Oracle Training
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
- Logistics and Supply chain management
- Project Management.
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online