MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Operations Manager
- To manage and control company-wide Financial Operations activities (Fixed Assets, Revenue Management, Expenditure Operations, Business Support and General Ledger), support various divisions on financial issues and maintain commercial relationships with external stakeholders
- Liaise with Network Group, CPG, IS and Business Solution departments in ensuring accurate reporting of CAPEX related information.
- Manage relations with Network Group, Marketing, IS, Sales & Distribution and Business Solution departments on Revenue related issues.
- Manage relations with all divisions on expenditure related issues.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and staff on payments.
- Manage staff advances, retirement, follow-up and reconciliation.
- Assist senior management in performing administrative, control and monitoring functions. Ensure cost control and cost reduction measures are implemented.
- Manage cross-functional intra and inter-department interface for business and enterprise systems process development.
- Manage enterprise solutions required for automating financial data capture and reconciliation.
- Develop and monitor implementation of finance policies, processes and procedures and ensure compliance with MTNN, MTN Group PPP’s, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Manage and reconcile all General Ledger/Sub- ledger Accounts (Income statement and Balance Sheet), all schedules and reports (including age analysis, assets movement, etc).
- Manage all month end and year end reporting deadlines in compliance with the Group’s directives and guidelines.
- Make informed decisions from analysed data to facilitate operational efficiency and manage all escalated issues.
- Develop and monitor internal controls as well as review reports on key performance metrics. Provide support for periodic internal /external audits, and other statutory /regulatory requirements.
- Manage inter-departmental/divisional relationships and safeguard company assets.
- Manage relationships with customer/vendor, ensure efficient optimisation of relevant databases and systems and other MTN OPCOs.
- Ensure the automation of financial operations data, ensuring appropriate procedure for capture, verification and reconciliation are complied with.
- Review and monitor departmental budgets and other relevant management board papers. Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Review business and accounting rules for new products and services in line with the set accounting standards.
- Manage debt position in conjunction with commercial legal department, doubtful debt provision and ensure correct remittance of quarterly NCC levy.
- Suggest overall revenue budgeting, modeling, long range plans and forecasting to management.
- Review weekly revenue forecast and identify associated risks/opportunities. Ensure accurate billing of wholesale call records for the optimisation of MTN’s carrier revenue elements and provide adequate support for Revenue Assurance leakage management function.
- Review agreements, contracts and deal structures in respect of Co-location, Interconnect, Roaming and Value added services.
- Manage Interconnect disputes and negotiate rates (peak and off peak) with local and international operators.
- Conduct relevant carrier revenue verification and assurance
- Plan and monitor periodic spot checks of company’s cash floats and approve operational cash flow projection/utilisation.
- Manage trends and benchmarks for cash transactions per account and region as well as operation of cash transactions.
- Supervise/review operational cash flow projection and utilization as well as processing of account payable.
- Analyse/prepare relevant information for annual budget and financial forecasting; and assist in managing inter-company relationships.
- Manage company-wide Opex and identify /rectify error in the entry and remittance of Withholding Tax deductions.
- Maintain a strict control environment and ensure strict compliance with all MTNN policies and procedures.
- Manage the domiciliation of supplier payment process as well as customer Helpdesk services.
- Review and approve departmental accrual submissions as well as provide detailed investigation and analysis of all accounts.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Deal with a lot of paper work.
- Move around MTN locations to have a firsthand view of what is on site.
Experience & Training
- A first degree in any discipline, but a finance and management related degree is desirable.
- A recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in using an ERP system.
- Managerial experience in finance functions.
- Knowledge of internal control systems.
- Knowledge of applicable International Accounting Standards, IFRS, GAAP, etc.
- Experience in Finance functions in the telecommunications industry would be an added advantage.
- International Financial Reporting Standard.
- Telecommunication Basics.
- Application of accounting standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of financial ratios, Interconnect Billing System (ICT), language of network quality issues (OPTIMA Lite) and Audit Command Language (ACL), asset management, general ledger accounts mapping, etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online