360 Degree Habitat Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design Engineer
- Accurate and timely preparation of documentation including but not limited to drawings, models, estimates, schedules, quantities all as directed by a Project Engineer to a standard of presentation which can be submitted to clients or other approval authority
- Knowledge and use of CAD softwares for creating and issuing models / drawings to either in-house or client CAD Standards.
- Provide mentoring to other technical services staff to assist in developing an expertise with CAD designs.
- You will be working with and supporting the in-house engineering team in the preparation of road and infrastructure design drawings for construction, tendering, and planning application purposes.
- You will also carry out engineering appraisals and technical reviews, to provide a practical and cost-effective solution to engineering problems.
- You will be able to manage external clients to ensure engineering constraints are adhered to and within agreed deadlines.
- You will also be taking responsibility for dealing with Local Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agencies in order to satisfy the many and wide-ranging constraints in order to gain technical approvals.
- Preparation of engineering models /drawings in accordance with current standards and codes of practice including general arrangements and construction details (steelwork detailing and reinforced concrete detailing / scheduling).
- Liaising with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to model/drawing requirements.
- Ensuring that models/drawings are prepared, stored, issued and archived in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaising with both internal and external parties such as Regional Offices, other Groups, sub-consultants, contractors, clients and external authorities as directed by a Project Engineer
- Process and action correspondence in accordance with the company procedure
- Preparation of drawings and models in accordance with the company’s specifications
- Checking of drawings to include reinforced concrete schedules
- Participate in site surveys and investigations
- Undertake duties and comply with all the company’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Procedures
- Attend courses/seminars which will enhance professional knowledge, with a view to advancing your career
- To be aware of the importance of clients to the business and therefore behave and respond in a manner that will encourage clients to give repeat business standards
Key Skills & Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in Civil Engineering, Mechanical or any other related discipline
- 2-4 years working experience
- Candidates must have high level experience in AutoCAD and 3D working would be an advantage.
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated
- Able to work in a timely fashion and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to demonstrate high attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and laterally
- Ability to be efficient and resourceful with workload and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Ambitious to achieve professional qualification
- Working both in an office environment and on site
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to: email@example.com