Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) is our Global organisation, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. We are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do ‘more with less’ by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Code: 2104/PMG/PRM/NIG
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- Responsible for managing projects covering various telecommunications core, access technologies and products for Vodacom and Vodacom’s customers efficiently within an agreed scope, time and budget constraint, whilst also managing the clients’ expectations.
- This position is accountable to deliver and implement customer links and networks within the design parameters and on time and within budget.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Creates and defends project budgets.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Manage operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produces Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Controls the project implementation process.
- Assists in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents.
- Assist with equipment ordering and payment of vendor/ contractor invoices.
- Escalate project issues timely.
- Assist with contract negations with external suppliers.
- Perform regular quality inspections.
- Strong background in Project management with focus on Telecommunications and Satcom.
- Organisational management.
- Problem solving.
- Prioritising workload of self and others.
- Personnel & performance management.
- Written and verbal communications.
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Preferred candidate must have an Engineering Background preferably Elect Elect or any related discipline. Possession of PMI or PrinceII will be an added advantage.
- Experience as a project manager in a Telecom environment essential.
- Must have worked in a project management frame work.
- Satellite and/or wireless network experience advantageous.
- Management of a team of resources throughout the organisation in country and abroad.
- Minimum of 5 years related industry work experience.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project team.
- Effectively applies project methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Understands basic revenue models.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of Telecommunication, Satellite networks and IP technology.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifed candidates should:
Click here to apply online