Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gym & Fitness Instructor
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Job Role Summary
- To deliver a varied, fun, safe, and beneficial fitness programme to all guests of varying ability according to Hospitality’s standards and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains an excellent standard of customer service.
- Provide a fitness programme which caters for all guests (children and adults), incorporating group classes and personal training sessions.
- Deliver a wide variety of group sessions specifically tailored to the industry environment.
- Effectively demonstrate techniques and methods of participation and offer alternatives during classes to accommodate varying levels of fitness.
- Promote the fitness programme and actively aim to increase participation.
- Ensure health and safety is to the highest standard and that guests are advised on the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Hotel’s equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations.
- Work independently to set up, pack up, and proactively provide assistance to all guests using the fitness equipment each day.
- To practically help with the set up of the centre at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season.
- Help organize and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times.
- Be prepared to move between different location within the city according to operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager
- Responsible cleaning and maintaining the pool.
Personal Specification Qualifications and Experience Required
- Gym Instructor qualification First Aid certificate will be an added advantage.
- Educated to GCSE standard (Advance educational qualification in Physical Education will be an added)
- Experience of delivering a variety of exercise classes.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required Ability to deliver fun, varied, safe and beneficial fitness sessions.
- Knowledge of current fitness industry developments.
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge to be able to plan and advise on guest fitness development and lifestyle programmes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships.
- Presentation Clean and tidy appearance.
- Friendly and enthusiastic
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume/CV’s to: email@example.com using the Job Title as email Subject.
Note: For applicants with experience only.