Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a local NGO with a mission to “harness the potentials of widows, orphans, and vulnerable segment to become productive entities in the society through advocacy, capacity building, economic empowerment and human rights program”. WEWE’s main goal is to advocate for, and promote the rights of widows, vulnerable women and orphans in Nigeria and Africa at large.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Improvement Officer/Vulnerable Children (VC) Officer
Locations: Rivers and Akwa-Ibom
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) seeks applications from qualified persons as Improvement Officer to join the team in implementing a comprehensive USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2).
Qualification and Experience Required
- A minimum of a University Degree or HND in Social Science, Social work, Community Development, Home Economics, Nutrition, Mass Communication or any relevant course
- Minimum of 2 year in OVC programing or other thematic areas
- Strong Communication Skills
- Extremely strong computer skills
- Strong editing Skills
- Very strong report writing skills
- Fluency in both written and oral English required
- Ability to speak the local language of the region is desirable
- Successful candidates will be based in Rivers or Akwa-Ibom
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com Please indicate the title of the position and location applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional e-mails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position is on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.