Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a local NGO with a mission to “harness the potentials of widows, orphans, and vulnerable segment to become productive entities in the society through advocacy, capacity building, economic empowerment and human rights program”. WEWE’s main goal is to advocate for, and promote the rights of widows, vulnerable women and orphans in Nigeria and Africa at large.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Improvement Manager
Locations: Rivers and Akwa Ibom
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) seeks applications from qualified persons as Improvement Manager to join the team in implementing a comprehensive USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2).
Qualification and Experience Required
- A minimum of a University Degree or an HND in a relevant courses is mandatory
- A Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Community Development work
- Experience in orphans and vulnerable children programs is desirable
- Experience in managing and supervising staff (Accountant, Improvement officer & M&E officer) – it is important that the Improvement Manager be mature, experienced and knows how to coordinate staff, delegate duties and provide leadership in the absence of the Executive Director
- Extremely strong computer skills (Excellent use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Strong analytical skills
- Very strong report writing skills (The Improvement Manager will be responsible for writing the first draft of all monthly, quarterly and training reports to WEWE LOPIN, so it is absolutely imperative to for the program manager to have strong writing skills and computer skills, a novice in computer use of Microsoft word and Power Point is highly discouraged).
- Fluency in both written and oral English required.
- Ability to speak the local language of the region is desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of the position and location applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional e-mails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position is on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.