Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Intern
Program / Department Summary
- Girls’ Opportunities for Advancing Literacy 2 (GOAL 2) focuses on institutionalizing and scaling the successes from GOAL 1, to ensure that Adolescent girls (15-19) across Kano state are better equipped for the school-to-work transition as a result of improved financial literacy, vocational choices and life skills.
- General Position Summary
- The GOAL 2 MEL Intern will lead the design and dissemination of the success, achievements and lessons learnt on the GOAL 2 project to facilitate the scale up of Financial Literacy at the national level. The intern will support monitoring visits to schools, conduct data quality assessment, data aggregation and analysis and support finance and administrative duties for the team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conduct monitoring visit to schools
- Assist in capacity building of M&E officers across government MDAs
- Assist the conduct of quantitative and qualitative studies
- Conduct data quality assessment across schools and MDAs
- Support project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Archiving of documents on project google drive.
- Perform administrative and finance functions
- Perform any other duty assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in Data Analysis and Visualization.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation (Data collection, aggregation and analysis)
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Hausa language is highly required.
- The successful candidate will combine exceptional leadership, management and technical skills with a focus on innovative interventions to engage adolescent girls in informal education and skills building linked with private sector entrepreneurship and employment opportunities in a culturally and religiously conservative environment.
- S/he will have an outstanding ability to develop, implement and manage innovative and complex programs within the current and future program structure of Mercy Corps in the region. Multi-tasking, prioritizing, problem solving and simultaneous attention to detail and strategic vision are essential.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line, be not more than four pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.