Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a local NGO with a mission to “harness the potentials of widows, orphans, and vulnerable segment to become productive entities in the society through advocacy, capacity building, economic empowerment and human rights program”. WEWE’s main goal is to advocate for, and promote the rights of widows, vulnerable women and orphans in Nigeria and Africa at large.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Lawyer / Legal Adviser / Law Firm
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Orgamsation (WEWE) is soliciting for a lawyer or a law firm to provide legal services.
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) tis currently implementing a comprehensive USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2).
The Corporate Lawyer / Legal Adviser / Law Firms duties include:
- Reviews of all WEWE’s contracts,
- Verification of employee’s credentials,
- Legal representation,
- Human resource management and other assignments assigned by the Executive Director,
- The lawyer should have a minimum of a Second Class Upper division in (LL.B) Bachelors in Law for the position of Corporate Lawyer/Legal Advisor.
- The law firm should be experienced in intellectual property/contract law and litigation.
- The lawyer/Law firm should be registered with/ or able to register with CAC to be able to gain access to CAC conduct appropriate filing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/law firms should send their cover letters and resume/detailed corporate profile with a, CV of the principal partner in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Please indicate the title of the position and location applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional e-mails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position is on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.