The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Health Specialist Talent Group, P-3
Job Number: 504026
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff, Temporary Appointment
For Every Child, Health:
- UNICEF is seeking Talented Professionals in the Health sector at the P-3 level.
- Generic Vacancy Announcements (GVAs) are a means to attract and identify qualified candidates for placement in Talent Groups. A Talent Group is an exclusive roster of experts from which UNICEF offices worldwide will quickly select qualified pre-assessed, top-level candidates whenever a position becomes available.
How Can you Make a Difference?
- Health Specialists at P-3 level usually reports to the Chief of Section or a Health Specialist for guidance and general supervision.
- The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the respective health programmes and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on specific progress within the Health programme.
- S/he provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in line with UNICEF Strategic Health Plan and goals, budget allocation, results based-management (RBM) approaches, standards of performance and accountability framework.
The Main Expected Results Include:
- Technical support to health programme development and planning;
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results;
- Technical and operational support to health programme implementation;
- Networking and partnership building;
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
To qualify as an advocate for every child’s health you will have:
- An advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Medicine, Public Health/Nutrition, Pediatric Health, Family Health, Health Research, Global/International Health, Health Policy and/or Management, Health Economics, Environmental Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Socio-medical, Health Education, Epidemiology or other health related science or a related field.
- A First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in Public Health/Nutrition Programme Planning and Management and/or in relevant areas of Maternal and Neonatal Health Care, Health Emergency/Humanitarian preparedness and National and/or International level.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, You Demonstrate:
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online