Alexander Nelson – We believe that our high-quality service is driven by a commitment to being trustworthy, transparent, and always having a serious and genuine regard for “doing the right thing”. Keeping our promises and acting with integrity are obligations we hold steadfast for our staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
- Site engineers turn the plans of consulting civil engineers (designers) into reality. They oversee the actual construction on the ground and work in conjunction with other professionals. He must have a good understanding of design and construction processes, as well as of health and safety issues.
- As an engineer he will use his professional expertise to organise human and material resources on site, ensure that the project runs to time and budget and is safe to work on.
- Liaise and work jointly with the design team (consulting engineers);
- Negotiate modifications with architects and consulting engineers;
- Deal skillfully with a diverse range of people including clients, architects, other engineering professionals, sub-contractors and members of the public;
- Take responsibility for health and safety on site;
- Make judgements and solve problems;
- Supervise construction;
- Deal with the logistics of supplies;
- Schedule work;
- Provide appropriate plans for construction;
- Monitor the provision of materials;
- Liaise with, and direct, the sub-contractors employed on the project;
- Ensure quality of workmanship;
- Find solutions to and overcome unforeseen construction difficulties;
- Schedule and adjust each stage of the project to meet time and budget targets;
- Deal with any complaints from local people experiencing disruption due to building works.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification – HND/BSc Civil Engineering. Additional relevant qualification and professional certification is an advantage.
- Extensive Quantity Surveying experience, minimum of 5 years as construction QS in a reputable construction company.
- Safety conscious.
- Proactive innovator, always looking for continuous improvement
- Positive “can do” attitude
- A team player
- Committed and passionate about work
- Computer literate (Word, Excel/Microsoft Office, AutoCad)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.