Alexander Nelson – We believe that our high-quality service is driven by a commitment to being trustworthy, transparent, and always having a serious and genuine regard for “doing the right thing”. Keeping our promises and acting with integrity are obligations we hold steadfast for our staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- He seeks to minimize the cost of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.
- As a quantity surveyor he would work in the office or on site.
- He will be involved in all projects from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work.
- When the project is in progress, he will keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Undertake cost analysis for all projects.
- Work closely with account department on fund disbursements.
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification. HND/B.Sc in Quantity Surveying.
- Additional relevant qualification is an advantage.
- Extensive Quantity Surveying experience, minimum of 5 years as construction QS in reputable construction companies.
- Safety conscious.
- Proactive innovator, always looking for continuous improvement
- Positive “can do” attitude
- A team player
- Committed and passionate about work
- Computer literate (Microsoft office packages).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.