Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Category Developer
Job Type: Full-time
- We are searching for an exceptional Category Developer with a hunter mentality who has the ability to design and execute cross-sell and up-sell strategies to drive revenue into existing customers.
- The successful candidate will identify valuable partners, negotiate and close impactful deals, commercial and strategic business agreements, and manages and grows the resulting partnerships to drive revenue growth for Jumia and its vendors.
- You will also be responsible for acquiring, onboarding and developing vendor on Jumia.
- Ensure that the pricing and promotion of these categories are managed effectively to increase sales and profitability aimed at driving sustainable growth.
- Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
- Proactively arrange time in territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Coordinate account set up, initial equipment and product deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, including follow-up with customer once account is set up.
- Help reshape and define assigned category to proactively engage customer base and drive wallet share growth.
- Effectively execute territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue across 100-125 assigned accounts
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals Jumia targets and influence a sales plan that is in line with our seller business direction.
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals.
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Jumia
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful vendors/ products
- Utilize tools and best practices to meet and exceed weekly sales goals & metrics
- Collaborating For Value, Strategic Selling, Conceptual Selling, Complex Account Management
- Demonstrates commitment, Strong negotiation skills, Decisive – bias for action, Strong persuading & influencing skills)
- Strong communication skills (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Inquiring)
- Strategic thinking, analytical acumen, problem solving
- Builds long-term value based relationships
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Sales
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in direct Sales, commission sales and/or Account Management in a large FCMG organisation
- Proven ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through long deal cycles, and close complex deals.
- Ability to create valid business reasons to engage customers to drive meaningful sales engagements and business opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Advanced knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online