Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Infant And Young Child Feeding Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the IYCF officer
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and trainings during community led IYCF activities.
- Support the formation of Mother to Mother Support groups in the implementing communities.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with MOH and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate good working relationship between ACF and target beneficiaries.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
- In collaboration with the nutrition officer and DPM develop success stories, lessons learnt and case studies.
- Minimum of a Diploma in a nutrition or community based programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- 1 year relevant work experience
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – IYCF a plus
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally both C-IYCF and IFC, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages; Hausa, Kanuri required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanouri and English
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.