Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno State
The Community Liaison Officer will primarily be responsible to the Field Coordinator (FieldCo) for the active involvement of community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners, by liaison, training and sensitizing communities for the identification, formulation and implementation of AAH programs in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to AAH’s Acceptance strategy in program delivery.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partner’s awareness and support to AAH programs.
- Participate in regular external meetings at LGA level and at state level when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology or Rural Development or in a related field with at least 3 years’ relevant project experience working with rural communities.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team player.
- Previous experience with Community Liaison management duties.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with AAH.
- Administrative competence would be an asset.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.