Unilever is one of the largest global Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Rexona, Lipton, Omo, Lifebuoy. With 2 billion consumers using our product every day, getting the final product to the consumer at the right quality, at the right time and price takes serious business expertise. Supply Chain Management is responsible for the whole process, from sourcing the raw materials to getting a great product onto the supermarket shelf.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UFLP Graduate Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain Management is responsible for the whole process, from sourcing the raw materials to getting a great product onto the supermarket shelf.
What will you be doing?
- You could be finding a new way to get Lipton to customers at the right temperature and quality; transforming the way the spreads factory operates; or designing a more efficient distribution network to enable us to store and deliver our products sustainably to our customers.
- There’s always a new challenge to tackle.
- The limitless opportunities at Unilever creates fully engaging innovative entrepreneurship.
- Our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day on a local level, across Africa and the globe.
What do we look for?
- Whichever area you work in – Planning, Customer Service, Manufacturing or Logistics – you’ll need to be ambitious, an excellent analytical thinker with a drive for getting things done and a real talent for delivering through others.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Second Class Upper Honors). While we are open to applications from all disciplines, typically (but not exclusively) a background in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, Science, Maths, Finance or Business can be an advantage.
- A strong academic track record.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and personal initiative and drive
- Strong analytical skills
What will the programme involve?
- The programme is designed to grow you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to standard), through hands-on learning alongside world-class experts.
- You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on live projects which offer you all the experience you need to become ready for your first management role.
- Over three years you’ll cover at least three or four placements to provide experience in key business and functional areas
What will you learn?
- Learning from Experience: You will experience yourself evaluating innovation launches on global brands like Rexona and Ponds, or shaping investment decisions with major customer.
- Learn from People: you will get the business coaching from experienced managers, individual mentor and even a buddy.
- You will have training sessions that encompasses a mix of professional, business and leadership skills.
- For Professional training, in the first and second year, you’ll be having three weeks of some of the best Supply Chain training around through the Unilever Supply Chain Foundation.
- After the first year, a wide range of internal and external training programmes are available to develop both your skills and competencies as you progress your career.
Support and empowerment:
- We’ll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you.
- You’ll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- We have a proven tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking.
- Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment.
- We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best.
- Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn.
- Come join us create a Bright Future Made You.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Sometimes, correspondence may end up in your spam folder. Therefore, it is important to regularly check your spam folder during the entire recruitment process.