Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Humanitarian Program Manager with Technical line to Nutrition Specialist
Duration: 10 Months
- To provide overall co-ordination and management of the nutrition & Child Protection Project funded by SHO in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines.
- The post holder is expected to have strong Emergency nutrition and child protection programming.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the nutrition and child protection programs in the state are implemented in line with the ministry’s guidelines and international humanitarian standards and donor guidelines.
- He/ She will interface and support programme team members, programme coordination and policy engagement.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
- Additionally, the project manager will work closely with the humanitarian program manager, M & E manager, nutrition Specialist and child protection in emergency specialist to provide input into proposal development as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project team, in all phases of the project cycle
- Develop an activity implementation plan, and procurement plan with the project team
- Lead/organize regular monitor visits and if required project action plans revisions and modifications
- Provide direct hands-on technical and managerial support to Nutrition coordinator, child protection officer and PIN partners to effectively and innovatively manage nutrition and child protection projects with focus on key technical areas including CMAM, IYCF as well as child protection
- Ensure documentation of good practices in emergency nutrition, child protection and effective communication of lessons within and outside PIN with the aim to enhance learning to improve future planning and programming.
- Ensure the design, implementation and impact assessment of nutrition responses are fully in compliance with SPHERE & other international standards, national guidelines and policies and also in line with humanitarian accountability principles, values and code of conduct
- Review and submit weekly/monthly CMAM/IYCF and other nutrition related progress reports and child protection as well as other relevant data for stakeholders including nutrition in emergency working group, child protection working group, ministry of health and others.
- Responsible for the development of all narrative and financial report (with support from Grants Officer and finance department) in line with donor and Plan’s requirements
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Monitor budget and ensure adequate burn rate with support form Humanitarian Program Manager
- Working with M&E Manager, nutrition specialist and child protection specialist to ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries and quality of the project
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Nutrition, Public Health or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years field experience in coordination position with an NGO on nutrition and child protection programmes.
- At least 1 years direct experience providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence, providing gender-sensitive and child-friendly counseling services, and/or developing/implementing referral pathways for nutrition services
- At least 3 years’ experience in Child Protection and as well nutrition programming, experience in eg CPIE Minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE and other relevant international Child Protection and nutrition in Emergency (CPIE) programming will be an added experience
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Knowledge and skills: General knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and core standards standard for humanitarian response
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Travel extensively to lead and supervise programme activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have frequent
- contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: email@example.com
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.