Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Coordinator
Reports to: Country Admin and Logistics Advisor with Technical line to Regional IT Manager
Duration: 2 Years
- To manage the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) environment and services within the country, lead on implementing ICT policy and plans in country.
- Ensure ICT infrastructure complies with corporate standards and ensure security and access control for data and network devices. The post holder will lead on capacity building for staff in country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of the country IT strategy
- Availability and reliability of the ICT infrastructure, applications and connectivity
- Maintain agreed levels of service provision and service levels
- Provide ICT support to delivering program outputs
- Provide ICT expertise on ICT
- Lead the provision of technical support for corporate applications, including installation and upgrades
- Co-ordinate closely with Regional and local service units to ensure proper implementation of equipment/systems
- Manage ICT risks
- Participate in system/project testing, rollout and certification
- Lead the provision of technical solutions and systems to meet local requirements
- Ensure data and systems protection according to Plan’s standards and requirements
- Provide content input to ICT staff recruitment, training and development
- Coordinate for the procurement of licenses, soft wares and implementation
- Provide efficient support to the IT needs in the Field offices and CO
- Provide alternative and efficient options on how to resolve in-Country issues on the communication facilities like the stability of internet connectivity
- Provide advice on Expenditure control and management of approved ICT budget
- Provide training and support on technical aspects of corporate applications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in a Computer Studies discipline and Master degree would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of ICT, preferably with management responsibilities
- Experience of implementing and supporting LAN, WAN, VSAT, Windows Server Infrastructure, SQL Server, Exchange server/Office 365, Cisco Infrastructure, VSAT and emergencies telecommunications equipment (BGANs, Radio, Sat phones,)
- Good knowledge on Windows Server 2008/2012 including Active Directory
- Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies
- Training in management and/or project management an advantage
- Knowledge on ITIL
- Work experience in an NGO is an advantage
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Typical office environment, the role will be based in the Country Office with visits to Field offices once in a while when necessary.
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have frequent contact with children. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.