Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Management Officer
Reports to: Field Coordinator with Technical line Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Duration: 12 Months
- Responsible for data management of the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- He/ She Communicates within Plan International Nigeria, partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will manage the CPIMS interfacing with other programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure prompt and accurate entry of all case management forms, including clear procedures for form submission, data quality checks, filing and sharing (i.e. data flow).
- File and store hard copy files in lockable file cabinets and input transfer information into the database
- Extract individual case information from the database for caseworkers to facilitate managing their caseload and undertaking case management activities
- Ensure regular analysis of the caseload to support reporting and caseload needs/trends
- Ensure regular communication with the other Data Management team members for updates on achievements and challenges
- Provide technical and management leadership to the information management component of the Case Management program in accordance with best practice and Plan policy.
- Ensure that a solid information management system, including data protection protocols and information sharing protocols, is in place for confidential, safe and accurate documentation, filing, storing and usage of information collected on children harmed or at risk of being harmed
- Ensure regular communication with the Case Management Supervisor for updates on caseload analysis, trends, achievements and challenges
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Work, Human Rights, or related Degree desired
- At least 1-2 years’ experience of implementing information management and/or child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Demonstrated understanding of information management principles, tools and systems, knowledge of and experience in using the IA CP IMS preferred
- Previous experience in managing and analyzing large amounts of data preferred
- Previous experiences establishing and maintaining organizational systems and processes preferred
- Good computer skills such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, IA CPIMS
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno State with field visits to lead and supervise programme activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have frequent contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.