Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited – In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well. Halliburton Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry.
Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world’s demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Field Buyer
Requisition Number: 35307
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Family: Support Services
Experience Level:Experienced Hire
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Job Segment: Procurement, Supply, Buyer, Supply Chain, Operations
- We are looking for the right people, people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, compiles requests for materials, prepares purchase orders using defined buying channels, tracks purchases/supplies, and handles inquiries about orders utilizing established sources either through category management or locally defined suppliers.
- Works with material coordinators/warehousemen to eliminate material constraints.
- Resolves goods and invoice receipts issues and enlists supervisor’s or procurement specialist’s help when needed.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs duties as delegated with regards to selecting and qualifying suppliers for local needs that are not covered under category management.
- May perform RFQ’s up to their procurement authority and assist in other areas as directed by Supervisor .
- May lead in the development of less experienced buyers by providing direction, advice and counsel regarding procurement and material functions and administration.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable discipline preferred.
- Skills are typically acquired through at least 3-6 years of related experience.
- Job tasks impact cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Innovative work-environment in a global company
- Competitive salaries and pension schemes
- Career opportunities both domestically and globally
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Focus on technology and further development
- Outstanding insurance coverage including private health coverage
- Occupational health service
- Excellent deals at one of the country’s largest fitness centers
- Discounts on recreational activities including yoga, swimming and golf
- Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online