Reckitt Benckiser is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planner
Job Type: Full time
Department: Supply Planning
- A highly visible supply chain role that will oversee the inventory management process of finished goods. This is a hands-on position responsible for managing the stock level of all materials, finished goods and plan activities that will enable the Demand Division to meet sales objectives.
- Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, and Key Vendors – Co-packers is paramount to achieve these service objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Finished goods inventory Management.
- Stock availability to meet sales demand.
- Follow up on material availability with supply planning to meet production plan.
- Co-ordination of stock movement from co-packer location. (As at when required)
- Support in S&OP processes. (Demand review activities e.t.c)
- Planning and monitoring of finished goods inventory level daily, weekly and monthly.
- Generation of daily stock and shipment reports
- Check backorder report on a daily basis and identify reasons for such (declaration, stock release, and Production planning etc.) and proffer solution that will bring about prompt stock availability.
- Follow up with factory on stock declaration and releases. (stock availability for sales orders)
- Ensure factory compliance to production plan. (daily communication with factory team)
- Prepare and circulate weekly OOS/Distress and weekly PFR reports
- Compare material availability with planned production requirement:
- Identify likely material issues and follow up accordingly with supply planning weekly
- Capture materials with longer lead times – quarterly and biannually.
- Collect and analyse weekly downtime report from factory. (So as to identify major issues facing production)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process within Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- Experience using PeopleSoft/JDE(preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Detail oriented
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of progressive project management experience within the FMCG industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied as subject heading.