We are seeking to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Contract Specialist
- Leads the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of high value/complex drilling and wells related contracts and agreements and makes recommendations to management on contractor selection and contract award.
- Develops ITT packages and administration of contract agreements and documentation;
- Commercial management of long-term master service contracts;
- Prepares detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluation of tenders including assessment of contract risk;
- Responsible for key supplier performance and relationship management including frequent performance feedback sessions, utilising FPAL feedback where necessary.
- Direct contractual and commercial negotiation in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation;
- Provides specialist advice and guidance to wells management on contracting and other supply chain matters.
- Liaises with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtain contract award approvals and contract execution.
- Maintains an up to date understanding of the short, medium and long term strategic and operational requirements of the drilling and wells dept. and ensures team resources and services are appropriately aligned with business objectives.
- Takes a lead role in identifying and developing opportunities to create value and improve service delivery across the drilling and wells business through effective contract management techniques.
- Development and presentation of detailed contract award recommendations to management.
- Provision of post-award administration support including contract amendment and variation administration.
- Development and management of detailed procurement plans.
- Mentor/ coach less experienced members of the team, assisting in managing performance and actively contributes to the recruitment of team members
- Acts as a key negotiator in relation to drilling and wells contract dispute resolution.
- Ensures that the Supply Chain department Procurement Plan is kept up to date on a month-end basis as a minimum or more regularly as may be required.
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in a Business/ Commercial or Quantity Surveying related discipline.
- Working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) accreditation
- Substantial experience gained in an oil and gas contracts administration role, performing comparable duties in an operator or topside service company setting.
- Strong experience in contract and commercial negotiations.
- Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts.
- Proven ability to deal with many key suppliers, build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal stakeholders in operations, engineering and legal departments;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent administration and presentation skills.
- Considerable experience of Microsoft office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Extensive experience in drilling and wells projects / contracts.
- Considerable experience gained in an oil and gas contracts administration role
- Knowledge of Oracle/ Maximo or similar ERP or procurement & materials systems
- Previous experience gained within a Drilling/ Wells environment.
- Willing to be ‘hands on’ to manage all types of contracts, large and small
- Decommissioning experience.
Additional Skills/ Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident and assertive
- Strong numeracy and commercial evaluations skills
- Proven negotiator
- Self starter
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org