Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Employment Type: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
- The Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Programme Officer (PO) will be a member of the UK Aid Match and Givewell supported Benue NTD Programme management team and will report to the Programme Manager.
Overall Purpose and Responsibilities
- The Officer will provide general coordination to the programme management team and serve as the programme implementation manager in Benue State.
- This resource will work closely with the Benue State Lead Person, partners and direct programme implementers to ensure the delivery of programme targets and monitoring of programme activities.
- You will work with the state and twenty two (22) Local Government Areas (LGAs) NTD Coordinators and their teams to ensure quality assurance in programme implementation
- Support the Benue State NTD (coordinator) Lead Person to provide effective management, coordination, and technical advice to the programme to ensure the delivery of the programme targets.
- Support the Benue State NTD Lead Person in monitoring programme implementation in the state. Conduct monthly programme site visits and follow up on outstanding issues as an integral part of the position.
- Ensure NTDs data is updated as required and shared with relevant agencies
- Must have at least a First Degree in Development Sciences and other related disciplines from a reputable institution
- Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
- Experience in Database Management systems for an integrated Programme.
- Minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting
- Project financial management, budget and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please download the Application Pack Form (Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form) below and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form, as two separate documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Application Pack Form
Click here to download the Equal Opportunities Form