Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Employment Type: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) will to be a member of the Kaduna State DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme Management Office team and will report to the State control NTD Programme Officer.
- Will be responsible for all programme implementation monitoring and evaluation according to a detailed plan guided by standard protocols for NTDs control.
- Also will be responsible for actively sharing and using information emerging from evaluation/review, adjustment of interventions and implementation of recommendations.
Overall Purpose and Responsibilities
- Guide the overall M&E strategy, managing the interventions’ use of M&E methodology to meet proposed goals, and providing timely and relevant information to programme management.
- Support the NTDs control Programme Officer and team to develop a detailed programme monitoring plan and jointly use it to guide programme management.
- Support the NTDs control Programme Officer to monitor and implement appropriate actions to improve efficiency and quality of project implementation.
- Ensure harmonisation of the programme’s M&E with the State Ministry of Health systems
- Work with the programme team and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Facilitate and participate in regular monitoring of on-going programme activities in close coordination with the Programme Officer
- Work with key stakeholders and undertake regular visits to LGAs and communities to oversee and ensure quality and efficiency of monitoring activities
- Proactively verify quality of NTDs control data from the field
- Ensure NTDs control data is updated as required and shared with relevant agencies
- Must have at least a First Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management or related disciplines
- Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
- Experience in database management systems for an integrated programme.
- Minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please download the Application Pack Form (Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form) below and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form, as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Pack Form
Click here to download the Equal Opportunities Form