Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Employment Type: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Overall Purpose and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Programme Assistant (MEA) will to be a member of the State NTDs Programme team and will report to the Sightsavers Programme Officer.
- Support the Sightsavers programme Officer and Benue State NTD team to develop a detailed programme monitoring plan (as detailed in the UK Aid Match log frame) and jointly use it to guide programme management.
- Support the state NTD team to monitor and implement appropriate actions to improve efficiency and quality of project implementation.
- The MEA will be responsible for actively seeking and providing feedback on NTDs control and submission of all required NTDs control/ UK Aid Match and Givewell Log frame indicators deliverables to the programme office and Sightsavers as required by donors.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Programme Assistant will be based in Sightsavers Benue and will coordinate all programme activities and it’s reporting in the state.
- Must have at least a First Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management or related disciplines
- Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
- Experience in database management systems for an integrated programme.
- Minimum of 2-5 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please download the Application Pack Form (Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form) below and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form, as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Pack Form