Marie Stopes International is a Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 40 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Job Type: Full-Time
Duration: 2 Years
Partnership and network building:
- Encourage a commitment to accommodating clients’ special needs such as flexibility of working hours.
- Maintain strict privacy and confidentiality to generate demand for MSN services.
- Have a public relations and promotional role with colleagues, NHS and the general public
- Timely collate and submit Laboratory reports to the centre team.
- Monitor monthly client numbers and income generated and in collaboration with the centre teams make appropriate recommendations to meet income to cost targets.
Laboratory Scientist Roles:
- Welcoming, friendly, professional and efficient atmosphere for all clients and visitor in the laboratory to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment (including calibration) in a proper working condition and prompt report of any malfunction to the center coordinator.
- Keep record of stock, perform forecasts and ensure reagents and other laboratory consumable do not fall below minimum level
- Perform regular Quality control on laboratory reagents after supply and before use
- Ensure specimen are obtained in the appropriate manner
- Provide timely and accurate result
- Ensure cervical smear specimens are stored and packaged correctly for transportation to the approved cytology/pathology laboratory
- Maintain accurate records of all tests performed and the result of such tests
- Keep abreast with and ensure that MSN complies with latest developments in laboratory testing protocol in Nigeria
- Assist to provide counselling on core MSN Clinical services in the Laboratory.
- Carry out any other lawful duties assigned by the Centre Coordinator.
- Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
Communication and Administration:
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Follow up on all clients’ complaints relating to any of the MSN services and make recommendations.
- Able to sign off on a lab results and take responsibility when there is an error in diagnosis
- Liaise appropriately with the Council of Medical Laboratory Sciences of Nigeria and other relevant regulatory bodies during routine or periodic visits and assessments for QC standards
- Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Nigeria and of good Standing
- MUST be licenced and must hold a valid practicing licence
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
- Minimum Education: BSc/BTech/BEng/BA
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1year post-graduation experience working in a similar role (Essential)
- Experience of working in a clinical environment (Essential)
- Excellent client interaction skills (Essential)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. (Essential)
- Outstanding computer skills (Microsoft Word, excel, power point). (Essential)
- Work experience with Nigeria Health Service and/or an INGO (Desirable)
- Articulate and analytical with attention to details. (Essential)
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Nigeria (Desirable)
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
Attitude / Motivation / Orientation:
- Empathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services [ESSENTIAL]
- Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people across all social groups
- Passionate about maternal health
- Team player
- Self-motivator with ability to motivate others to deliver high quality service and achieve results.
- Competent enough to defend a laboratory results
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online