Solidarites International – For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarites International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Coordinator Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The supply assistant supports the supply coordinator in implementing and supervising all supplies activities at his/her assigned base.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the purchaser or storekeeper in their absence.
List of Main Activities
Management of supplies:
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quotation requests and Internal Order Forms (IOFs)
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
Management of freight:
- Ensure the planning and execution of freight is done
- Deal with the suppliers when there is problem
- Ensure the security for road access is done Monitor the administrative documents for all rented trucks
Management of warehouse:
- Supervise the warehouse management
- Support the storekeeper in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
Human resource management:
- Establish team schedules and follow up
- Ensure or assist with logistical training
- Collect and check the IOF follow up before submission
- Collect and check the Stock management report before submission
- Prepare the supply logistic pack log for the mission
- Minimum Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- Professional Certification/Diploma in Logistic and/or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven experience in relevant field of Logistic/Supply
- Work Experience in Humanitarian Sector in a cross-culture setting will be of an added value.
- Previous team management experience
- Previous experience of remote management of teams.
- Good interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Computer applications, specifically MS XL.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Applications not fulfilling the below criteria will not be entertained:
- Resume file should be named with applicants name.
- Applications received after the above mentioned closing date will not be entertained.
- Email Subject should be “Application for the Position of Supply Coordinator Assistant Maiduguri”