The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Under direction, performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the Company’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to assigned management staff.
- This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to make an immediate bottom-line impact in a promising Company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the posting and documentation of transactions across the business operations and head office
- Review business transactions internally to ensure compliance with company rules and group policy
- Prepare monthly comprehensive financial reports to meet aggressive deadlines for use by both internal and external stakeholders
- Perform analyses and prepare internal reporting package including operating metrics, financial controls and performance indicators to help in improving business performance
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between sections within finance and other departments to ensure proper work flow, efficiency and cost control
- Identify opportunities to, and improve efficiency and quality of processes in the department
- Champion compliance with IFRS and approved internal financial reporting procedures
- Work with external Auditors to facilitate statutory audit process
- Ensure effective reconciliation of accounting schedules and manage recurring items
- Effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Strong mentorship skills and ability to build staff capacity on financial best practice
- Carry out other duties as assigned from time to time.
Desired Personal Attributes and Qualifications
- Knowledge of IFRS and provisions applicable to the utility sector
- Conversant with the monthly and year end closing procedures
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills, a critical thinker
- Provide guidance and direction to internal team for improving operational and financial performance
- Manage priorities and workflow
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- In-depth understanding of internal and external economic and financial issues which impact the business and future trends
- Understand critical business processes and use best judgement to proffer solutions
- Minimum B.Sc/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business related course/Masters in these fields would be a plus
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant experience
- Integrity and professionalism
- Good Computer skills i.e. able to use Microsoft package effectively
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
- Self motivation and self initiative
- Skills to do analyses and statistics
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: email@example.com the subject of your email should be the position being applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only applications sent via the above email address will be treated.