Gold Fields Limited is an unhedged, globally diversified producer of gold with eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa with attributable annual gold production of approximately 2.0 million ounces. It has attributable Mineral Reserves of around 46 million ounces and Mineral Resources around 102 million ounces. Attributable copper Mineral Reserves total 532 million pounds and Mineral Resources 5,912 million pounds. Gold Fields has a primary listing on the JSE Limited, with secondary listings on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Swiss Exchange (SW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Engineer
- The Production Engineer Is responsible for leading the short-term mining, engineering and services scheduling, initiating, tracking and closing out of production-related activities. In addition, the role is functionally responsible br doll and blast designs and related quality control processes.
- The incumbent is responsible for leadership, technical direction as well as management processes and systems to ensure that the function is aligned to and supports the overall operational performance objectives and SHEC standards.
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring effective cross-functional coordination between geotechnical. geology, mine planning, survey and production and to ensure efficient and effective technical services are provided.
- Leadership and technical direction of drill and blast and short-term planning (scheduling)
- Ensuring cross- functional coordination to ensure the role supports the overall operational performance objectives and SHEC standards
- Management processes and systems: Drill and blast; short-term planning
- Production drill and blast: Safe designs and plans for stops rings, slots and service holes; drill and blast compliance reporting; consumable reports and ordering; reporting; Input Into short- and medium-term plans
- Short-term scheduling: Presentation; schedule for weekly plan (aligns with month): daily compliance reporting; and effective communication and coordination with the production department.
- The successful candidate will be in possession of a degree/diploma in Mining Engineering, Geology Mine Planning or Rock Engineering, while a Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency would be advantageous.
- 7 years’ experience in the mining end/or mineral sector is important, With leadership exposure and underground operating, production and planning, drilling and charge design with QAQC experience also required.
- The incumbent must be competent in the use of mine planning software and have operating proficiency In Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to “Donnah Masiteng via email: Donnah.Masiteng@goldfields.com or Fax: 086 579 9978.
- Candidates must be declared medically fit for the position and the environment, as determined by the risk-based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health and Safety Centre and pass a heath tolerance screening test.
- Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short-listed candidates wilt be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who have received no response to their applications within 14 days of the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- Telephone enquiries, call Donnah Masiteng, tel. (011) 411-1028