Gold Fields Limited is an unhedged, globally diversified producer of gold with eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa with attributable annual gold production of approximately 2.0 million ounces. It has attributable Mineral Reserves of around 46 million ounces and Mineral Resources around 102 million ounces. Attributable copper Mineral Reserves total 532 million pounds and Mineral Resources 5,912 million pounds. Gold Fields has a primary listing on the JSE Limited, with secondary listings on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Swiss Exchange (SW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Mining Engineering
Department: Technical Services
- The Mining Engineering Manager’s role is to provide the mining engineering capacity to the production function in order to ensure efficient execution of underground mining operations.
- The role’s primary focus is on underground mine design, operational planning and engineering integration.
- The scope of the role Includes leading and administration of the department.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the comprehensive medium- and short-term mine planning strategies and the production engineering function responsible for drill and blast design and QAQC (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- The role holder will also be responsible for the integration and direction of production and services functions to be performed in accordance with the overall mine plan.
- The incumbent is further responsible for ensuring effective cross-functional coordination between geotechnical, geology, mine planning, survey, engineering, backfill, contractors, mine support functions, construction, business Improvement and production and to ensure efficient and effective technical services are provided.
- A project management style coordination system is to be implemented for effective execution.
- Leadership and technical direction: Production (drill and blast, short-term planning and medium-term planning)
- Ensuring cross-functional coordination to support the overall operational performance objectives and SHEC standards
- Short- term scheduling: Development and approval of the monthly accepted plans, together with change management processes, and related administration, and daily compliance reporting . Section planning: Safe development and stope design; stops area layouts; concept extraction sequences; infrastructure planning; stope area notes; and reconciliation
- Medium-term planning: Development of a rolling 3-month plan updated monthly to incorporate latest changes, together with a monthly annual forecast
- Maintaining stope database and reconciliation
- Administration, and coordination of the departments within the scope of responsibility
- Production engineering: Drill and blast designs with associated QAQC processes required for efficient extraction of the ore-body, services infrastructure planning and coordination
- Overall coordination of productive capacity across functional disciplines, including business improvement projects Identifying and reacting to risks In terms of safety and productive output
- Developing systems to control and measure progress, compliance with plans and report deviations.
- The appointee must be in possession of a degree in Mining Engineering and a Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency as wall as a postgraduate Business or Project Management qualification.
- He/she must also be a registered member of SAIMM or other relevant professional body.
- 10 years’ experience in the mining and/or mineral sector Is essential, together with management leadership experience and exposure to underground mining production and planning experience.
- Further requirements include operating proficiency in Microsoft Office, mine design and planning software, and technical competency in drill and blest design, as well as mine scheduling.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to “Donnah Masiteng via email: Donnah.Masiteng@goldfields.com or Fax: 086 579 9978.
- Candidates must be declared medically fit for the position and the environment, as determined by the risk-based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health and Safety Centre and pass a heath tolerance screening test.
- Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short-listed candidates wilt be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who have received no response to their applications within 14 days of the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- Telephone enquiries, call Donnah Masiteng, tel. (011) 411-1028