The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
- Under direction, performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports;
- Maintains the accuracy of the Company’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to assigned management staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accurate data capture of transactions into accounting software on proof of adequate supporting documentation.
- Reconciliations of staff, banks and vendor accounts.
- Accurate capture of tax liabilities, tax minimization and service of tax commitments.
- Monitor bank payments and reconcile to the payment plan.
- Assist in audit process through timely and comprehensive response to all audit queries.
- Assist in identifying and capturing of asset transactions and maintenance of accurate and up to date assets register and other supporting accounting schedules.
- Assist in identifying inventory transactions, recording and reconciliation of inventory records and valuation.
- Perform revenue and receivables reconciliations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Desired Personal attributes and Qualifications
- Team player with a passion for excellence
- Organized, analytical, critical thinker with bias for problem-solving
- Quick learner
- Minimum B.Sc/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business related course
- Relevant Professional Certification
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Integrity and profesionalism
- Good Computer skills i.e. able to use Microsoft package effectively
- Good interpersonal and Comunication skills
- Self motivation and self initiative
- Skills to do analyses and statistics
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
5pm GMT, 31st March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV’s and cover letters to: email@example.com the subject of your email shou