The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) was established to distribute quality electric power to its customers, using modern technology and tools. The company desires to build a team of professionals who will manage its operations under global best practices.
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, (AEDC) the electric distribution company for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Substation Officer (DSO)
- The DSO is to Participate in team work as assigned by the Team lead in the management of Technical services operations to achieve optimum energy availability and distribution, operational safety, System Protection and Control and network expansion
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring of all power apparatus in the Injection Substation
- Taking hourly reading on Power Equipment
- Receive and relay operational messages to relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out switching on power supply control devices and Equipment
- Coordination of outages both planned and forced outages.
- Ensure operational switching safety
- Recognize danger and report any malfunction/defect to the Team Lead, Technical Services.
- Ensure good house keeping
- Perform any other assignment as may be directed by the Team Lead Operation.
- Controls equipment, such as current converters, voltage transformers, and circuit breakers that regulate flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers.
- Communicates with LOAD DISPATCHER to report amount of electricity received into substation, and to receive switching instructions
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals
- Inspect equipment, such as transformers, fans, batteries, and circuit breakers to detect defects.
- Pulls circuit breaker switch or pushes buttons to interrupt flow of current in disturbed line preparatory to repair
- Any other functions assigned by Head
- To maintain constant supply to the customers
- Hourly reading record.
- Minimum of National diploma in Engineering or related courses.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years cognate experience in the Power / technical Sector.
- Computer Literacy a must
- Integrity and professionalism
- Comunication skills
- Self motivation and self initiative
- Knowledge and interpretation of laws and regulations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to use effectively Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
5pm GMT, 31st March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV’s and cover letters to: ds.Officer@abujaelectricity.com the subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: only soft copy of applications will be treated.