Gold Fields Limited is an unhedged, globally diversified producer of gold with eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa with attributable annual gold production of approximately 2.0 million ounces. It has attributable Mineral Reserves of around 46 million ounces and Mineral Resources around 102 million ounces. Attributable copper Mineral Reserves total 532 million pounds and Mineral Resources 5,912 million pounds. Gold Fields has a primary listing on the JSE Limited, with secondary listings on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Swiss Exchange (SW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drill and Blast Engineer
- The Drill and Blast Engineer will facilitate the optimal extraction of gold ore from mining operations through the provision of quality design and coordination of underground drill and blast activities.
- Role objectives will include the development of production drill and blast designs as well as execution of quality control and assurance of blasting practices.
- The role is responsible for implementation of a continuous learning feedback loop based on results observation and embedding of design improvements.
- Production drill designs and plans, Stops rings, slots anti service holes
- Production blast designs and charge plans Drill compliance report: Hole accuracy, OA’QC
- Blast compliance report: In-stope reconciliation
- Blast consumable reports and ordering
- Giving input into weekly, monthly and quarterly pre-planning and planning meetings
- Drill and blast data management
- Stops reconciliation and compliance with design reporting
- All planning, extraction sequencing, design and scheduling of ring drilling and blasting (Benching and Open Stopes), utilising blast design are.Monitoring and reacting to ensure the fragmentation and waste dilation is within acceptable limits
- Optimising fragmentation and downstream processes holistic approach blast-to-mill throughput concept)
- Ring drilling, timing and blasting performance modelling and adjustment according to ground conditions in consultation with the Geotechnical Engineer
- Implementing and managing control systems to monitor and Improve drilling, timing and blasting practices (development and stoping)
- Drill and blast cost planning as well as reconciliation, monitoring and improvement of cost
- Participating in short-term, medium-term and long-term planning (strategic business plan) Management of the Drill and Blast database
- Maintaining and improving safe work practices
- Developing standards and procedures to improve safety arid Drill and Blest practices
- Preparation and analysis of Drill and Blast reports
- Developing and initiating continuous improvement projects
- Ensuring that holes are drilled to current plan, to the correct pattern, depth and inclination to achieve the desired blast results (QA/QC)
- Administering and controlling the explosives and associated products supply chain
- Identifying and reacting to risks in terms of safety and productive output.
- The incumbent must have a Mine Overseer’s Certificate of Competency, a Certificate in Drill and Blast Design Competence end be in possession of a Magazine Master and Blasting Certificate.
- 5 years’ experience in the mass mechanised mining and/or mineral sector is imperative, as well as underground mining production and production drilling and charge up experience.
- Competency in mine and blasting pattern design software is also required, together with operating proficiency in Microsoft Office, mine design and planning software, technical competency in drill and blast design, as well as mine scheduling.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to “Donnah Masiteng via email: Donnah.Masiteng@goldfields.com or Fax: 086 579 9978.
- Candidates must be declared medically fit for the position and the environment, as determined by the risk-based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health and Safety Centre and pass a heath tolerance screening test.
- Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short-listed candidates wilt be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who have received no response to their applications within 14 days of the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- Telephone enquiries, call Donnah Masiteng, tel. (011) 411-1028