The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Business/Financial Analyst
- This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to make an immediate bottom-line impact in a promising Company.
- We are a highly entrepreneurial environment and a company that is positioned for significant growth. We welcome individuals who are interested in an opportunity that rewards hard work and is results focused.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide timely, relevant, accurate and frequent reporting & analysis of Company’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results with recommendations on corrective actions as necessary
- Support the development of key business performance metrics using financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts to provide practical insights into KPI development to drive operating performance and business results
- Present results of financial analyses report with recommendations to management using Microsoft’s excel, PowerPoint, Word and similar applications software to create/display charts, graphs and dashboards to visualize results
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Regional, Area Offices and other SBUs as necessary to discuss historical financial results and future performance providing practical counsel on achievement of performance targets
- Carry out financial analysis at multiple complexity levels with deep understanding of finance terms and concepts such as: Rate of return, Payback Period, Net Present Values, Cost of Capital, Depreciation, Working Capital, Deb, Equity etc.
- Support the development of annual budgets in conjunction with relevant process owners and develop performance reporting processes to track implementation. Monitor the budget and any revised forecasts throughout the year by preparing standard monthly management reports and variance analyses on budget and forecasts
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates for use by colleagues during the planning process to ensure quality, accuracy and focused analytic reviewDrive financial modelling activities for tariff negotiations and other reviews as necessary with the industry regulator and other stakeholders
- Assist in collation of data and ensuring data integrity as required for developing strategic plan, annual operating plans with interpretation of financial data to assist management with strategic planning
- Support special projects development by leading the investment analysis effort, including development of business case, financial feasibility and project justification to management.
- Facilitate communication and understanding of finance and related analytics between the field operations and relevant head office functions
- Monitor and track key performance metrics against the company’s strategic objectives
- Investigate and report to CFO and/or Financial Controller any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Conduct market and industry research which could include data mining, market intelligence efforts
- Carry out training of colleagues and peers on functions and activities being carried out and ensure training material/documentation is kept current
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board of Directors, Executive team & Shareholders
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses as required from time to time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of progressive experience
- Commercial skills – a commercial flair for developing business along with financial acumen and negotiating capacity.
- Entrepreneurial – must fit with the entrepreneurial culture of a high growth company. The individual must be comfortable operating without high degrees of oversight and direction.
- High Execution Quotient (EQ) with a strong focus on results
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Basic Database skills is a plus incl. familiarity with Microsoft Access & SQL
- Highly analytical, with strong financial analysis skills
- Integrity and profesionalism
- Good Computer skills i.e. able to use Microsoft package effectively
- Good interpersonal and Comunication skills
- Self motivation and self initiative
- Skills to do analyses and statistics
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
5pm GMT, 31st March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV’s and cover letters to: email@example.com the subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.